Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Way Over Yonder

"I know when I get there, the first thing I'll see/ Is the sun shining golden, shining right down on me/ Then trouble's gonna lose me, worry leave me behind/ And I'll stand up proudly in true peace of mind." - "Way Over Yonder" by Carole King

Hello again! I have gotten behind on my blogging lately, but I'll try to do a better job at posting regularly. Side note to Rebecca, thanks for the nice comment on my last post. I really appreciate the compliment!

Okay, so there are two reasons that "Way Over Yonder" is my song of the day. First of all, tonight is Carole King night on American Idol, and I absolutely love her music. Her songwriting is beautiful, emotional, and timeless, and I just hope that the contestants do her lyrics justice.

Second, the lyrics I included above remind me of Santa Elena, the fictional town my Willow Ryan series is set in. It's the kind of place that automatically makes a person feel welcome, and it's so serene that some of your troubles may actually float away. I hope that when people read my books they get a sense of this peaceful, easy feeling (had to throw in another song reference!) and are able to escape the stress and worries of their real lives for a little mini vacation in Santa Elena, CA with Willow and all of her friends. If I have succeeded in that goal, then I feel that I have accomplished something great with my writing.

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to live in your fictional town of Santa Elena, CA! Or at least go and visit. After reading your books, I feel like I have friends there already. It does seem peaceful. We could all go to Peggy's for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or maybe eat at Paco's Tacos at the beach! Thanks for the comment! :-)

    ReplyDelete