Search This Blog

Friday, April 15, 2011

No Negative Words!

"Was a sunny day/ Not a cloud was in the sky/ Not a negative word was heard/ From the peoples passing by." - "Was a Sunny Day" by Paul Simon

Wow, two days in one year that I don't mind the sunshine. Who would've thought? I, the eternal lover of dark, cold, winter days, am actually enjoying the sunny weather and look forward to spending the afternoon outside with the girls. Did I undergo a lobotomy without my knowledge?

I think one reason for my good mood is that I am getting back into the submissions game. I have sent queries to a handful of agents that I think would be a good fit for my newly revised manuscript. It feels good to be doing something proactive! Hopefully this time around I will find the agent who was meant to represent me and my work.

I'm not holding my breath though, because I have been going through this long enough to be jaded by the process. I received two form rejections already (surprise, surprise), but that doesn't mean I won't get a better response tomorrow. I'm hoping I don't hear any negative words though. I can accept that my novel is not for everyone. After all, what book is? No matter what, I'll keep on truckin' though. I know, I know, but I just couldn't resist sneaking in another song reference!

No comments:

Post a Comment