Search This Blog

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Merry Christmas!

"Good tidings we bring/ To you and your kin/ Good tidings for Christmas/ And a happy new year!" - "We Wish You a Merry Christmas"

Merry Christmas, everyone! I hope all of you out there have a truly blessed holiday season filled with family, friends, and wonderful memories.

Since this is a season where traditions are so important, I thought I would share one of my favorite Christmas traditions with you. Every night on Christmas Eve before we go to bed, I always read "A Visit From St. Nicholas", my mom reads the Christmas story from the Bible, and my sister lights the candles to our Swedish chimes, a decoration we both remember from when we were very young. It's a tradition that costs nothing but is rich in meaning and memories for us, one of the most important and enjoyable parts of the Christmas season.

No matter how old I get, Christmas always takes me back to my childhood, a time of wonder and magic, when big jolly guys could slide down chimneys, even if your house didn't have one, when reindeer could fly, and when all was right with the world. I like to think that I still hold a little bit of that in my heart, because Christmas is a time for miracles, and anything is possible. And it all started with the first miracle, a little baby born in a manger over 2,000 years ago, the King of Kings, the reason for the season, Christ the Lord.

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. The more I get older, the more I want each Christmas season to be special. I try my best to "unclutter" the time around Christmas as much as possible from work and other annoyances, just so I can enjoy the spirit in the air. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, Lazlo! I think everyone should strive to unclutter their lives to enjoy the season just like you have. I think it's important for people to make Christmas special every year. Just because we aren't kids anymore doesn't mean we have to lose the magic. Merry Christmas to you too!

    ReplyDelete