Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tuesday's Top Ten

"When you got nothing, you got nothing to lose/ You're invisible now, you got no secrets to conceal." - "Like a Rolling Stone" by Bob Dylan (my favorite song and artist!)

I have been thinking of starting a weekly feature on my blog for a while now, and the idea of a top ten list came to me while I was at the pool with the girls I take care of this morning. The six-year-old was asking the other kids what their favorite books/flowers/foods/etc. were, basically driving everyone to the brink of insanity, and it came to me. I have always been an obsessive list maker, so why not share one of my little quirks with you? A lot of my lists will be geared toward pop culture, but I also have other ideas, so make sure you check back each week for my new list. Without further ado, here is the first Tuesday's Top Ten list, my top ten favorite bands/artists.

1. Bob Dylan - the poet of every generation, his music is just as
relevent today as it was during the Vietnam War.
2. Tom Petty - with or without the Heartbreakers, I will always
love Tom
3. The Eagles - 70s country-rock with a California edge - love it!
4. Bruce Springsteen - music that speaks to the soul
5. The Beach Boys - part of my California childhood
6. The Beatles - iconic music and musicians that are still cool
almost half a century later
7. The Gaslight Anthem - the only 21st Century band on the list,
these guys are hard rock with soul to spare, poets with guitars, and I
can't get enough of their music
8. John Mellencamp - heartland rock that you can't help but sing
along to
9. James Taylor - the best of the 70s singer-songwriters. I am a
sucker for a song that tells a great story
10. Carole King - right up there with James. An amazing songwriter.

So there you have it. Any comments out there? I would love to hear some of your favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment